A 28-year-old man is to appear in court later charged with the supermarket car park murder of Colin Horner.
Mr Horner, 35, was shot in front of his three-year-old son at Balloo Link, Bangor, on Sunday afternoon.
Police described his death as “brutal, senseless and horrendous”.
The accused, who has also been charged with possession of a firearm and ammunition with intent to endanger life, is to appear in court in Newtownards later on Friday morning.
A 47-year-old man also arrested over the killing has been released unconditionally.
Det Supt Kevin Geddes thanked people who had come forward with “vital information”.
He also appealed for anyone who may have footage of the scene from devices or dashcams – or any other information – to get in touch.
The detective said he particularly wanted to hear from anyone who may have seen Mr Horner between the time he left his partner’s home on Bangor’s Balloo Road in a black Nissan Pulsar (registration number XFZ 4706) at about 14:00 BST, and when he arrived at Sainsbury’s car park half an hour later.
Police also want to know about the movements of a red Ford Mondeo with false number plates – GKZ 7996 – which was last seen speeding from the scene at 14:50. It was later found burnt out on Kerr’s Road in Bangor.
The PSNI had previously said they were investigating a possible link between Mr Horner’s murder and a loyalist paramilitary feud.
More From this publisher : HERE